The hydropower facility is being developed by Sarawak Energy Berhad (SEB) Power, a subsidiary of state-owned Sarawak Energy.
The Construction works on the Baleh Hydroelectric Project started in September 2018. At full capacity, the hydroelectric power station is expected to generate approximately 9,200-gigawatt hours (GWh) of electricity annually.
NorPower Sdn Bhd a company in the Norconsult group was appointed as the Execution Phase Owner's Engineer For Baleh HEP - Main E&M Works to assist the client’s Project Management and Engineering Team throughout the Project Execution Phase.
Some of the services being provided are the following:
- Assist in negotiation with the Selected Contractor to finalize the Contract Conditions and Specifications.
- Support the review and comment on all technical specifications deviations submitted by the Contractor.
- To provide technical input in relation to the Owner’s dealing with stakeholders and third parties
- Support the review of Basic and Detailed Designs submitted by the Contractor.
- Support the review and comment on Construction, Installation & Shop drawings submitted by the Contractor.
- Support the review and comment on design reports, calculation, studies etc. submitted by the Contractor.
- Relevant specialists to attend Factory Acceptance Tests to perform inspections for major equipment.
- Advise on the Project Schedule monitoring and control.
- Support the construction, installation, testing and commissioning supervision with respect to the technical requirements and quality of the works at site.
- Support in review and comment of Operation and Maintenance Plan and Manual prepared by the Contractor.
- Prepare special reports on specific technical issues when required.