The main goal was to strengthen the electricity grid in northern Norway and Norconsult played a key role as a designer in this EPC project.
Jacobsen Elektro AS was selected as the main contractor for this project. The company trusted Norconsult's knowledge and experience by commissioning us to develop detailed engineering documentation for the key part of the project, i.e.:
- 132 kV switchgear (AIS),
- 420 kV switchgear (AIS),
- two 420/132 kV power transformers, each with a power of 300 MVA
- shunt reactor.
The scope of the project, Norconsult was responsible for, included:
- design of last spans of incoming 420 kV and 132 kV overhead lines to the substation
- electromechanical design of high voltage part
- design of innovative gantries with hollow section elements
- design of steel structures for HV Equipment
- design of foundations for power transformers shunt reactor.
Design works started in February 2018. The first parts of the documentation were delivered in May, after only 3 months! The main part of the design work was completed in December 2018 during a meeting at Statnett's headquarters, which included the design review and final approval of the documentation.
Kivijervi Entreprenør AS, responsible for the civil works and the design and construction of the control building, took over the obligations of the main contractor in 2019 and undertook to complete the project.
The quality of the work carried out by Norconsult is evidenced by the fact that both Statnett and Kivijervi Entreprenør AS have expressed their willingness to collaborate with Norconsult to complete the project.
Despite the many difficulties that the project encountered, it was a success and finished on time.
The 132 kV switchgear was energized in August 2020 and the entire substation in December 2020.